Immediate and Delayed Effects of Car Accident Injuries
If you got in a car accident, you are likely dealing with an overwhelming amount of responsibilities including recovering, first and foremost. “Recovering” could entail physical and mental healing, however, it’s worth noting that such recovery can be immediate or delayed.
Car accident injuries are unique in that they are not always noticeable right away. Your body can show signs of injury days, weeks and even months following your car accident, therefore you must be aware of this possibility when going about your day-to-day life. The last thing you need is an unwelcome surge of pain and suffering while working, traveling and taking care of kids, to name a few.
To best prepare for what to expect following your car accident, our DeKalb County personal injury lawyers advise you to review the following types of immediate and delayed mental and physical effects of car accidents.
- Neck, shoulder, abdominal and back pain
- Numbness and tingling
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Lack of energy
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Sleep problems
- Sexual dysfunction
- Anger issues
- Memory loss
These physical and mental impairments listed above can hinder your ability to focus on and complete daily tasks that would otherwise be manageable had a car accident never occurred. Unfortunately, many car accident victims suffer debilitating effects on their quality of life because of the challenges associated with immediate and delayed car accident injuries.
Some examples of how your life may change upon an immediate or delayed car accident injury include:
- You may be unable to focus on work and complete your duties and responsibilities
- As a result, your work hours may get cut or you may lose your job
- You may be unable to meet your children’s needs such as taking them to school, appointments and recreational activities, as well as providing the physical and emotional affection they depend on, such as playing at the park
- You may suffer financial losses due to the high costs of medical bills and vehicle repairs
- You may have difficulty avoiding the severe anxiety and PTSD associated with getting into a car because it’s an essential component of travel that your friends and family rely on every day
- You may be unable to take care of yourself without assistance; brushing your teeth, taking a shower, going to the bathroom and making food may feel impossible alone
- Your intimate relationships may suffer because of your inability to provide the emotional and physical care your partner depends on
- Your relationships with family and friends may be harder to fulfill because of physical injuries preventing you from attending celebrations and activities, in addition to mental impairments inhibiting you from providing attention, emotional support and companionship
- Enjoying life may be difficult overall due to the constant obstacles you face while you transition into a new, and hopefully temporary, way of life
If you were injured in a car accident in DeKalb County, it’s in your best interests to retain legal counsel from an experienced personal injury lawyer at Robert James Trial Attorney. We have the knowledge and skill needed to help you file a claim and diligently negotiate for a maximum settlement on your behalf, Our firm believes that no one should go unpunished for causing your pain and suffering, therefore we will exhaust every option needed to get the compensation you deserve.
Contact us at (404) 620-6110 to get started on your case!