Serving Clients Throughout the Greater Buckhead Area
When a doctor, surgeon, or other licensed healthcare provider fails to completely perform their medical duties and causes injury to their patients, they can be sued for medical malpractice.
However, before a patient can collect compensation for their injuries, they will need to establish that the physician’s actions were negligent.
Contact us today if you or a loved one have experienced medical malpractice. We can fight for you!
“Negligence,” in a medical malpractice case, means that the health care provider failed to do what other qualified medical professionals would have done under similar circumstances.
Medical malpractice cases require the following in order to establish negligence:
- The existence of a duty owed by the doctor to the plaintiff
- Proof that the accepted standard of care was deviated from by the health care professional
- A clear link between the health care professional's deviation from the standard of care and the patient's injury
To meet these standards, the plaintiff will need to present testimony from another medical expert who is qualified in the same area of medicine as the defendant. The plaintiff will also need to prove that they had a doctor-patient relationship with the person they are suing.
This means that the patient hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. The doctor-patient relationship is usually scrutinized in situations where the consulting physician doesn’t directly treat a patient.
Common Kinds of Medical Malpractice Cases
We can help with the following types of cases:
- Birth Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Complications from Anesthesia
- ER Errors
- Failure to Detect Fetal Abnormalities
- Failure to Timely Diagnose & Treat Cancer
- Failure to Diagnose Heart Abnormality/Heart Attack
- Intubation Errors
- Medication Errors
- Obstetrical Malpractice
- Radiology Errors Like Misreading X-Rays, MRIs, or Ultrasounds
- Serious Injury & Permanent Disability
- Surgical Malpractice
Speak With Our Attorney Today. Call (404) 620-6110
If you have been harmed during a medical procedure or visit, you might be entitled to damages for medical malpractice. Our attorney Robert James has the skills and experience that you need to handle your medical malpractice case. Let us put our 18+ years of legal experience to work for you.
Contact our Buckhead medical malpractice lawyer to learn how we can assist with your case.